After a week in which corporate results, along with the Fed rate meeting, have been the clear protagonists, August reaches the markets with several references that will also be relevant.
Thus, investors will focus their attention on the final data on economic activity PMI (manufacturing and services) for the month of July published in the Eurozone, China, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States; on the Bank of England rate decision; and, especially, in the Employment Report also for July in the United States.
In a microeconomic key, the leading role will be for the accounting accounts from Supermercados Dia, Duro Felguera, HSBC, Axa, Loews, Eli Lilly, Ralph Lauren, Booking, General Motors, Kraft Heinz, Electronic Arts, Kellogg, Mondi, TripAdvisor, Credit Agricole, WPP and Evraz, among many others.
Likewise, note that Naturgy will distribute a dividend of 0.30 euros gross per share among its partners.
MONDAY AUGUST 2:
– Holiday in Canada.
– Final July Manufacturing PMI China, Eurozone, Germany, United Kingdom, United States.
– Results HSBC, Axa, Heineken, Ferrari, Simon Property, Pioneer Natural, Take-Two, Eastman Chemical, Loews, Mosaic, Vornado.
– Naturgy dividend: 0.30 euros gross per share (discount date).
TUESDAY AUGUST 3:
– CPI June Japan.
– Decision on interest rates Reserve Bank of Australia.
– Registered unemployment in July Spain.
– June Eurozone producer price index.
– Durable goods orders final June United States.
– Speech by Michelle W. Bowman, Governor of the US Federal Reserve.
– Results Biosearch, Infineon, BMW, SG, Generali, BP, Eli Lilly, Amgen, ConocoPhillips, Activision Blizzard, Eaton, Microchip, Occidental Petroleum, Ralph Lauren, Expeditors Washington, Marriott, Discovery.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4:
– PMI services July end China, Eurozone, United States.
– June Eurozone retail sales.
– US July ADP Employment Survey.
– Speech by Richard H. Clarida, Vice Chairman of the US Federal Reserve.
– Results Siemens Energy, Atlantia, Commerzbank, Intesa Sanpaolo, Booking, CVS Health, General Motors, MetLife, Kraft Heinz, Electronic Arts, Fox, MGM Resorts.
– Naturgy dividend: 0.30 euros gross per share (payment date).
THURSDAY AUGUST 5:
– Decision on Bank of England rates.
– Economic Bulletin European Central Bank.
– Factory orders June United States.
– Speech by Christopher J. Waller, Governor of the US Federal Reserve.
– Results Siemens, Deutsche Post, Merck, Lufthansa, Bayer, Glencore, Continental, Adidas, Credit Agricole, WPP, Mondi, Evraz, Moderna, Duke Energy, Cigna, Illumina, AIG, Motorola, Kellogg, News Corp., Pinnacle West, TripAdvisor, Viacom CBS, Expedia.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6:
– Decision on rates of the Reserve Bank of India.
– Industrial production June Germany.
– July United States Employment Report.
– Wholesale inventories June end United States.
– Results Supermarkets Dia, Duro Felguera, London Stock Exchange, IAG, Allianz, Vonovia, Hikma Pharma, Dominion Energy.