The advance of the Covid pandemic and the alarming incidence of the second wave have forced the President of the Government, Pedro Sánchez, to decree a new state of alarm, seven months after the first, which it intends to approve from the beginning with a duration of six months and which mainly affects night-time mobility. Thus, unlike the previous does not paralyze the country's activity or impose home confinement of the citizen.
Thus, the estimated date to lift the new measures is May 9, which would cover the winter and spring months, where a strong incidence of the virus is expected, according to technicians consulted by Moncloa. The Government's objective is drop from a cumulative incidence below 25 cases per 100,000 inhabitants. The current incidence is 368 cases.
For now, the alarm that comes into force this Sunday, after its publication in the Official State Gazette (BOE), includes the following measures.
– The Government establishes a Night curfew that limits the mobility of people, except for justified reasons, from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. nationwide. This prohibition of mobility at night is applicable throughout the country, except in the case of the Canary Islands whose epidemiological evolution is very positive.
The autonomous communities can modulate the application of this curfew, advancing it to 10 p.m. or delaying it until midnight. Also, so that it ends at five or seven in the morning.
– The autonomous governments receive the facilitation of applying an entry and exit closure of all or part of its territory, with justified exceptions for citizens who must travel for health, educational, work or family care reasons, among others, according to Europa Press.
– The CCAA can limit social gatherings that exceed six people, except cohabitants.
– The autonomous communities are the delegated authorities to enforce compliance, but it is established that the co-governance body between the Government and the Autonomous Communities is the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System.
– The Minister of Health will render accounts of its evolution every 15 days.
– The Interterritorial Council can reduce or expand measures depending on the evolution of the pandemic.
-After the first 15 days of validity, the Government will take to the Congress of Deputies the extension of the validity of the state of alarm for the next six months, until May 9.