Zilliqa announced on social networks the incredible news that it will now be possible to use the famous Ledger Nano X hardware wallet to safely store the ZIL cryptocurrency.
The news also comes from the Ledger team explaining how this update not only brings with it the support of this asset, but also adds another 5 cryptocurrencies, available on both the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Nano X.
Secure & manage these assets by connecting your Ledger Nano S or X to compatible third party wallets.
Find full details here: https://t.co/9SYl48ew5e pic.twitter.com/57fPVaiaD7
– Ledger (@Ledger) September 8, 2020
To be precise we are talking about:
- Polkadot (DOT), a project that recently launched its mainnet;
- Kusama (KSM), a project linked to Polkadot, which is basically a “Canarian network”;
- Solarium (SOL), a blockchain that uses PoH (Proof of History) as a consensus protocol;
- Elastos (ELA), hybrid blockchain that uses a hash power system similar to Bitcoin but with the addition of DPoS. It is a chain focused on the development of decentralized applications (dApp);
- IOV, a service linked to Cosmos that is used to purchase Starname.
How to use Zilliqa in Ledger
As usual, to manage these new crypto assets on Ledger, it is necessary to install the relevant applications in the hardware wallet.
For this, it is essential download Ledger Live on PC, go to the "Manager" menu and confirm access to the Ledger.
In this point, locate the cryptocurrency or blockchain to add and click the "Download" button.
Surely it is a very interesting novelty and requested by all those who use these cryptocurrencies.
At this time, there is over 1500 Ledger compatible tokens, one of the most famous and widely used hardware wallets in the world, although a new vulnerability was discovered only last month.