Donald Trump, president of the United States, has again insisted that the sale of TikTok to a company that has no relation with China has to culminate on September 15, as he had previously stated, as well as that the Government of the country should receive a reward for it.
"I have told them that they have until September 15 to close a deal, after that we will close it in this country," Trump said in statements to journalists, collected by 'Bloomberg', before embarking on the Air Force One.
"I have said that the United States has to be compensated, well compensated," the president added. On other occasions, Trump has also claimed that the Government should take part of the agreement, although neither he nor anyone from the Executive has delved into this.
For weeks, the strongest candidate to take over the Chinese micro-video social network is Microsoft. Several days ago, the supermarket chain Walmart assured that he had decided to join the technology company to submit a joint offer.