The World Health Organization (WHO), despite the rapid increase in infections with a new type of virus in China, has initially not declared a "health emergency of international scope". A piece of advice from experts advising WHO initially saw no reason for this. However, the committee wanted to continue meeting. It will be decided on Thursday, said
WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
the emergency would be stricter measures to combat the
Outbreak associated. This may include travelers on
Disease symptoms to be examined, and that medical
Personnel should be better protected.
The experts had been advising since the afternoon whether the global outbreak had been explained by the outbreak
should be. They recommended a better exchange of information between the states.
Traffic connections to Wuhan cut
As the Chinese state television reports, would become important transport connections to and from Thursday morning
Wuhan capped, It was in the provincial capital virus first appeared in December. From the morning the airport and train stations would
closed, bus, subway and ferry connections suspended. Like the state television broadcaster CCTV on Wednesday citing the
Crisis team in Wuhan reported, the population may enter the city from Thursday at 10 a.m. (local time,
3:00 a.m.CET) only with a special permit.
Meanwhile, the death toll is in China
further increased. In the province of Hubei are until Wednesday noon
17 deaths have been registered after nine previously, the reported
state television citing local authorities. The
state newspaper China Daily gave the number of confirmed
Cases of illness in the entire People's Republic of 544 to after
The virus has grown from the metropolis
Wuhan in Hubei expanded to other cities, including
Beijing, Shanghai, Macau and Hong Kong. In the provincial capital
Wuhan's virus first appeared in December.
In the meantime, also in
Abroad cases of the virus have been detected. According to the authorities, four people are sick in Thailand
has been registered in the United States, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan
one each. A suspicion was raised in Mexico on Wednesday
checked. The Robert Koch Institute estimates the risk to the
Population in Germany, however, is currently considered to be low,
Travel advice for China is currently being updated
According to EU prevention agency ECDC, the risk is that the
Pathogens introduced into the European Union are currently moderate. The authority upgraded it – at first the risk was classified as low. That shared that
European Center for Disease Prevention and Control. With the increased tourist traffic
Chinese New Year at the end of the month, however, the probability increases
Andrea Ammon emphasized that cases also occur in the EU. She warned that it was still unclear how dangerous the virus really was. "More epidemiological data is urgent
necessary to gain a better understanding of the virus, "said the expert.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Health said that the federal government is expanding the
coronavirus Follow "closely". The
The risk to the health of the population in Germany is currently "very high
Germany is "well prepared". After the experiences with epidemics like
The international vote is also good for Sars or Ebola. The
Sars virus had broken out in China and in the early 2000s
Hong Kong killed 650 people at the time. A spokeswoman for the
Foreign Office said that the travel advice for China
would be updated continuously.